- Location: Flintshire - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing Supply
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SW_Admin_Flt
- Salary: £8.50 - £10.50 per hour
New Directions are looking for an experienced and organised administrator to work on a supply basis within the county of Flintshire. Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and ALN (Additional Learning Needs) schools are currently recruiting through New Directions to cover day to day supply and long term sickness.
Applicants should have previous experience working in a school office and must be familiar with the School Information Management System (SIMS).
Duties will include;
• Keeping clerical and computerised records of pupils and staff;
• Producing statistical returns and reports;
• Dealing with school meals administration;
• Handling monies;
• Paying invoices and banking cash;
• General Administrative duties such as answering the phones, dealing with post and e-mails, greeting visitors at reception, issuing name badges, typing letters and reports, printing, photocopying, ordering equipment and stationary and being responsible for the first aid/sick room;
Typical Hours of work would be Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 16:00pm.
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, flexible and well organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines. If successful with their application, candidates will be offered a child safeguarding course to complete free of charge.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th October 2018