- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: 26/06/18
- Duration: 6 Months
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SC
- Salary: £9 per hour
New Directions are working with a popular Secondary school in the Cardiff area who looking for a Adminstrator. To work at this organisation, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and be a part of a unique working environment where you will be able to evolve and develop in your career.
The School Administrator will be responsible for core duties within the School and will be a key employee with duties covering: –
- Front reception, being the first point of call for visitors
- Dealing with queries on the phone, by e-mail and in person
- Dealing promptly with and efficiently with school incoming and outing post
- Log and record student attendance and punctuality, and maintain records
- Coordinating the college calendar of dates and key events
- Maintain and update SIMS database
- To be responsible for the production of reports, letters and other publication materials as and when required using MS Word and MS Publisher
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following attributes: –
- IT literate, able to use Office systems including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a changing environment
- Team player
- SIMS experience
This is a temporary opportunity that is expected to last 9 months.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now, or do feel free to recommend a friend to apply.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for a DBS check or already be holding one on the update service.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th June 2018