- Location: Monmouthshire - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW11
- Salary: £9 - £10 per hour
New Directions are looking to recruit an experienced School Administrator in Monmouthshire, to work on a supply basis in various Primary Schools in the area. The roles will be both long and short-term, working on a temporary supply basis covering staff absences such as sickness or maternity.
Due to the nature of supply work, applicants will be required to travel to different schools and must be flexible, reliable and adaptable.
An excellent working knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS) is essential and experience with AGRESSO or any other finance packages is desirable.
Main duties will include:
- Greeting visitors and issuing name badges
- Answering the phone and passing on messages
- Assisting senior members of staff with admin duties
- Recording registers using SIMS
- Creating and running reports on SIMS
- Collating dinner money on SIMS
- Updating student and staff records on SIMS
- Paying invoices and banking cash
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced School Administrators to work in a variety of local schools and act as a core part of the team.
Please note, all candidates must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st June 2018