- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: HW21
- Salary: £9-£10 an hour
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Primary School Secretary to work within the Wrexhamarea. Being the preferred supplier agency for the Wrexham area, we currently have both day to day and long term positions available. The schools will expect you to have prior experience working as a secretary in a school rather than general secretarial duties as the schools are not able to train you when you get there.
You must have:
• Previous experience as a school secretary;
• Confidence dealing with the dinner money and banking;
• A positive and friendly personality as you will greet parents and take phone calls;
• Great organisational skills as this is a varied role and you will need to prioritise your workload;
• The ability to work under pressure;
• Strong ICT skills. Knowledge of SIMS would be a distinct advantage; and
• Excellent administrative skills.
Hours can vary depending on the school, it can be 9am-3:30pm, or it can be 8:30am-5pm so we can look for hours to suit your needs. Salary will normally be £9-10 per hour.
* You must complete a New Directions DBS for this role, unless you are on the Update Service.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th May 2018