- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: February 2019
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW11
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
We are seeking a hardworking and experienced maintenance person, to work as a relief School Caretaker in primary schools in Newport.
The positions are long and short-term temporary, covering staff absences such as sickness and maternity. All applicants should be flexible, reliable and willing to cover temporary roles in various local primary schools.
Primary school caretakers are usually required to work split shifts, such as 6am – 10am and 3pm – 6pm, to open and close the school premises, therefore access to transport will be beneficial.
Duties will include:
- Key-holding and security
- Cleaning duties and supervising cleaning staff
- General maintenance and repairs throughout the schools
- Painting and decorating of hallways and classrooms
- Upkeep of heating, lighting and alarm systems
- Liaising with external contractors for major work
- Being on site during school holidays
Please note, in order to work in schools, it is essential for all applicants to hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS at the cost if £44.
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th December 2018