- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Start Date: February 2019
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW2
- Salary: £9 - £9.50 per hour
New Directions are looking to appoint a reliable and hardworking school caretaker, to work in a long-term temporary position in a primary school in Port Talbot. The position is due to start in February 2019.
The working hours are Monday – Friday, 7am – 11am and 3pm – 6pm, with some requirement to work during school holidays to assist external contractors and deep clean the school.
The ideal candidate will have a background working in caretaking / building / maintenance / DIY and will have an excellent awareness of health and safety.
Responsibilities will include:
- Opening and closing the school premises
- Security and guarding against vandalism and break ins
- Setting and maintaining alarm systems
- General maintenance and repairs on site
- Painting and decorating
- Grounds maintenance and gardening
- Cleaning duties and supervising cleaning staff
- Organising external contracts for major work
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced maintenance person to join the team at a local primary school and be responsible for the overall upkeep and health and safety of the school.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th February 2019