- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW011
- Salary: £9 per hour
We are looking to appoint a reliable and motivated School Caretaker, to work on a temporary supply basis in Primary Schools in Newport and surrounding areas.
The positions can vary depending on the specific school requirements, however the working hours will usually be split-shifts (7am – 11am and 3pm – 6pm), therefore all applicants will ideally have access to transport.
Previous maintenance experience is essential, as the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall upkeep of the school premises.
- Being the main key-holder for the school
- Opening the premises in the morning and locking up at the end of the day
- General maintenance and repairs throughout the school
- Cleaning duties and supervising cleaning staff
- Organising external contractors for major repair work
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd December 2018