- Location: Vale of Glamorgan - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: RJ1635
- Salary: £9 per hour
New Directions are looking to recruit flexible and hard-working Caretakers to work in Primary and Secondary Schools in areas such as Barry, Cowbridge, St Athan and Llantwit Major. Applicants will ideally have access to their own tools and transport and must be willing and able to work split-shifts in smaller schools (hours are typically 6am-9am and 3pm-6pm). Previous experience as a School Caretaker is highly desirable but not essential; instead candidates should have a strong Maintenance/DIY/Site Management background with transferable skills.
The core responsibilities of a Caretaker are;
- Opening up the building in the morning and locking up at the end of the day
- Ensuring doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- Guarding against vandalism and break-ins
- Maintenance of heating, lighting, boiler and alarm systems
- Carrying out minor repair work and booking outside contractors for major repair work
- Grounds maintenance and gardening
- Painting and decorating
- Basic cleaning duties and supervising cleaning staff
- Being on-call
New Directions will offer short-term and long-term temporary positions, with the possibility of these positions becoming permanent if the school require.
All candidates must have an in-date, ‘Child Only’ DBS to be able to work in Schools. If you already have one on the Update Service, then we are able to use this – if you do not hold this kind of DBS then you must be prepared to apply for one at the cost of £45. Candidates must also complete a Child Safeguarding course before being offered work.
Recruiting School Secretaries, Caretaker & Catering Support Jobs in Schools
New Directions Education registers vacancies in both primary and secondary schools for support staff. If you are looking for a job as a school secretary, a vacancy for a caretaker or searching for work within the school catering team, then we may be able to help you.
Our schools recruit experienced school Secretaries on a regular basis who are typically experienced in SIMS, and fully computer literate. They are able to deal with confidential information, work on a variety of tasks and deal with public and staff at all levels.
Candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or in a trade would be of interest to us here at New Directions Education. You will hold a very responsible role within the school, often being a key holder where you could be required to work split shifts, as well as responding to security alerts on the schools premises.
Schools often come to New Directions Education for catering staff to work in the school canteen. Ideally, you will have a Food Hygiene certificate that is up-to-date and also have experience in working in a catering role previously.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th December 2017