School Cleaner, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: £10 per hour
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: School Support Staff (Ancillary)
New Directions are looking to appoint an experienced School Cleaner, to work on a relief basis, providing cleaning support to primary and secondary schools in Cardiff.
We are able to offer long and short-term temporary positions, on a part-time basis. The usual working hours are 3pm – 6:30pm, although this could vary depending on specific school requirements.
Due to the nature of relief work, all applicants must be flexible, reliable and adaptable to the needs of each school.
Our clients are seeking applicants with previous commercial cleaning experience, excellent communication skills and an awareness of health and safety procedures. COSHH training is highly desirable.
A School Cleaner is responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the school.
Roles and responsibilities of a School Cleaner
As a School Cleaner, your role may include:
- Cleaning the school site
- Vacuuming carpeted areas and washing floors
- Use of cleaning equipment
- Emptying and cleaning bins
- Spot cleaning of spillages
- Cleaning desks, seats and skirting boards
- Cleaning toilet areas and replenishing toiletries
- Cleaning doors and windows
- Checking stock levels of cleaning materials
- Reporting all defects/hazards immediately to the caretaker or supervisor.
Skills and experience required to be a School Cleaner
To be a School Cleaner, you should:
- Have a reasonable level of fitness
- Be punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Be able to manage time effectively
- Have the ability to work alone and without supervision, or as part of a team
- Have awareness of health and safety procedures
- Have reading skills for following instructions
- Have maths skills for measuring cleaning fluids
- Be pro-active rather than re-active.
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry