School Cleaner, Wirral
- Location: Wirral
- Duration: Short term placement
- Salary: £10.50 per hour
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: School Support Staff (Ancillary)
New Directions Education are looking for a school cleaner to work in a small primary school based in West Wirral. This is to cover the hours of 3.30pm-6.00pm Monday-Friday.
This school requires someone to start as soon as possible and continue on an ongoing weekly supply basis.
The ideal applicant will of had previous experience as a cleaner, ideally within a school setting and be available straight away.
There is a large school car park for drivers on site.
A School Cleaner is responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the school.
Roles and responsibilities of a School Cleaner
As a School Cleaner, your role may include:
- Cleaning the school site
- Vacuuming carpeted areas and washing floors
- Use of cleaning equipment
- Emptying and cleaning bins
- Spot cleaning of spillages
- Cleaning desks, seats and skirting boards
- Cleaning toilet areas and replenishing toiletries
- Cleaning doors and windows
- Checking stock levels of cleaning materials
- Reporting all defects/hazards immediately to the caretaker or supervisor.
Skills and experience required to be a School Cleaner
To be a School Cleaner, you should:
- Have a reasonable level of fitness
- Be punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Be able to manage time effectively
- Have the ability to work alone and without supervision, or as part of a team
- Have awareness of health and safety procedures
- Have reading skills for following instructions
- Have maths skills for measuring cleaning fluids
- Be pro-active rather than re-active.
What New Directions Education Ltd offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term teaching roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Preferred supplier to more than 20 boroughs across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry