- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: Psychology
- Job Ref: LCS
- Salary: Band 8
New Directions Education are currently working on behalf of an SEN School in the North Wirral Area who are looking for a Clinical Psychologist.
This is a full time, permanent position to start as soon as possible.
The successful applicant will be subject to rigorous recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS clearance.
• To provide a specialist psychology input to young people, their families/carers along with education and care staff in the school and residential setting e.g. The Pastoral Care Team
• To provide specialist psychology to promote positive mental health and emotional well being and breaking down barriers to learning
• Undertake assessments (including cognitive ability assessments) and reports for pupils in school and as part of the transition process, particularly around mental capacity
• Contributing to the delivery of training
• Undertaking assessments and interventions for pupils
• To develop a small active case load of pupils
This is a really exciting opportunity to work in a dedicated multi-disciplinary school working with the age ranges of 5-19. This post requires someone who is committed to supporting young people and to working with them to help reach their full potentials. We will be looking for the successful individual to contribute to developing new initiatives and be able to use their knowledge and approaches to help embed clinical skill. We are looking for someone who can generate and develop the potential of pupils and be able to work with other teams such as; Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapists.
The school will be able to offer outstanding support from colleagues, access to internal and external training and commitment to CPD and research.
If you would like more information or personal specification then please get in touch on 0151 515 0822 or email email@example.com .
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th November 2018