- Location: Pembrokeshire - South Wales
- Start Date: 01/10/18
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SC
- Salary: £14.50 Per Hour
Here at New Directions we are currently looking for a ICT Network Manager to help support a secondary school in the Pembrokeshire area.
The School ICT Network Manager will be required to work with all departments within school, this will be an integral role and will help in the smooth running of the school.
General day-to-day requirements of the role and skills necessary:-
- Experience maintaining the school SIMS system
- Any experience supporting RM would be useful
- Assisting other school ICT technicians
- Hardware maintenance
- Installing new hardware
- Installing and maintaining network
- Fixing PCs
- Software installation
- Monitoring files
- Trouble shooting
- User management, including passwords and Login details
- Relevant ICT qualifications
The role will be ongoing till the end of the school academic year and possibly a contract will be offered to the right candidate.
For more information please get in contact on 029290 390133, option 5.
The role of an ICT Technician
The ICT technician typically is responsible for system wide technical support to curriculum and administrative PCs, laptops, printers and network installation.
Responsible for supporting the teaching of ICT by preparing relevant materials and working alongside pupils and teachers in the ICT suite, in classrooms and in out of hours learning activities.
Specific duties include:
- Technical Support
- Resolve basic problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc. in the suite and around school.
- Ensure that a supply of consumable items such as printer cartridges and toners are maintained and reordered as required.
- Carry out back-ups of our network server at specific intervals.
- Ensure virus protection is kept up to date.
- Maintain the hardware database with new and updated equipment following school policies for audit requirements.
- Installation of new software, and documenting its use on the hardware database.
- Maintaining the school domain, adding and deleting staff and pupils as they join or leave the school. Also community gateway and email accounts.
- Undergo any training linked to the development of ICT and disseminate the training to others.
- Providing help and guidance to pupils on an individual or group basis within ICT lessons.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th September 2018