- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: February 2019
- Duration: Ongoing Supply
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: PCMO - SMW
- Salary: £11.00 per hour
New Directions Education are recruiting for a School Premises Manager for a school based in Oswestry.
The successful candidate will aim to fulfill the needs of the school with regards to maintenance, opening & closing, key holder & management of caretaking staff.
Applicants that have previous experience working for a school are advantageous but not compulsary.
Duties will include;
- Responsible for opening school and checking buildings and grounds at start of day to ensure availability and where appropriate repair/report any faults needing urgent attention.
- Responsible for locking and securing all doors, windows and perimeter gates at the end of each day to ensure security of the Site and activating and deactivating any alarm systems.
- Responsible for Site Security and checks outside of school operational hours
- Check heating, lighting and hot water is functional and available as required.
- Make safe areas of danger (broken windows and the like) and deal with any minor repairs the need for which may arise.
- Liaise with any contractors on Site in respect of job required, safety on Site (e.g. with regard to vehicles/equipment) and the like.
- Keep all outdoor areas, paths, steps, pathways, approaches and drain grids in a clean condition and litter free including the emptying of outside bins.
- Clear pathways/stairs of snow and apply Grit/salt to ensure safe surfaces as required.
- Carry out general pottering-type duties including the movement of furniture, the receipt of and delivery of goods.
- Report events and tasks to the Help Desk and follow through to completion.
- Carry out general repairs and maintenance including first fix response
- Carry out minor Health and Safety checks (Fire Systems, Emergency Lighting, Fire Appliances, Water Systems) and the completion of associated paperwork for records.
- Liaison with School Head teachers, Teaching Staff and other Client Representatives.
- Participate in and respond to out of hour’s issues and emergencies at schools within the project as part of a list of nominated contacts.
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th January 2019