- Location: Conwy - North Wales
- Start Date: February 2019
- Duration: Ongoing Supply
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SRA - SMW
- Salary: £10.00 per hour
New Directions Education are recruiting for a School Receptionist/Administrator to work within the Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and ALN (Additional Learning Needs) Schools in Conwy.
Applicants should have previous experience working in a school office and must be familiar with the School Information Management System (SIMS).
Duties will include;
• Dealing with school meals administration
• Handling monies
• Paying invoices and banking cash
• Keeping clerical and computerised records of pupils and staff
• Producing statistical returns and reports
• General Administrative duties such as answering the phones, dealing with post and e-mails, greeting visitors at reception, issuing name badges, typing letters and reports, printing, photocopying, ordering equipment and stationary.
Typical Hours of work would be Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 16:00pm.
The ideal candidate will need to be flexible with working days & hours.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th January 2019