- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: The length of the academic year - 2017/2018
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, English, Mathematics, Science, Tutor
- Job Ref: KB00
- Salary: £25 per hour
New Directions Education are currently looking to recruit qualified Teachers to carry out home tuition sessions in the Caerphilly Borough.
Tutors will work on a one-to-one basis with pupils during home visits. In some instances, tuition can be arranged to take place in a designated classroom at the pupils’ school after 3pm. After-school hours are flexible and can be arranged directly between the Tutor and guardian of the pupil.
Most pupils needing support are in school years 9 – 11 – so some GSCE experience with the core subjects is crucial.
Experience of working with challenging behaviour such as Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) would also help, as some pupils may have some additional learning needs (ALN).
Successful candidates will also be:
- Registered with the EWC
- Able to plan and prepare lessons
- Able to work within challenging environments
- Able to build relationships and rapport with pupils and their family/carers
- Able to liaise with the pupils school to understand the support/curriculum needed
- Candidates ideally need access to their own transport and be able to travel to various locations throughout the Caerphilly Borough
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th September 2018