- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Ongoing (long term)
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Job Ref: IZ18
- Salary: £25 per hour
New Directions are currently recruiting for an experienced science specialist tutor in the Bridgend area. The role will entail working with the Bridgend authority. As a home tutor you will be required to teach GCSE Science to pupils predominantly with physical and medical needs, but also pupils with a range of other needs including behaviour, emotional, and social difficulties. Some pupils will have a high ability, and some pupils may need that extra support- so the ability to identify needs of different pupils is crucial.
The desirable candidate will have the below attributes:
- The ability to teach science at KS4 and KS5
- Experience dealing with pupils with additional learning needs
- Flexible to travel to different locations
- Great communication skills
- Qualified teacher status or further education (FE) qualified, with the ability to plan and prepare lessons
- Full UK driving licence
If you are passionate about teaching, and have all of the above desirable attributes. Please apply for this position, and one of our dedicated Account Managers will be in touch to discuss this with you. Please also apply with your CV attached so we are able to discuss your experience with you.
New Directions Education registers supply jobs for science teachers in all disciplines across our network of UK branches.
If your specialism is teaching biology, physics or chemistry and you are looking for work in a school, we may have jobs that you will be interested in, particularly if you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or looking for supply teaching work.
Science technician jobs are also widely available across our network of UK branches where practical experience around the classroom, including setting up practical lesson, would be essential.
The Role of a Supply Science Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th February 2019