- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Long term
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Secondary Education
- Job Ref: SWAKE001
- Salary: Competitive rates
New Directions are currently seeking an experienced Science Supply Teacher to work at a Pupil Referral School in Swansea.
The successful candidate will be required to teach Science to Secondary aged pupils with a range of learning difficulties. The candidate must have proven experience of working with Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 children in Emotional and Behavioural Units.
The cover will be for day-to-day supply as well as long-term supply,
We welcome applicants who:
- Are a Qualified Teacher or in the process of gaining Qualified Teacher Status (QTS);
- Are registered with the Education Workforce Council;
- Are able to create and deliver a range of learning experiences suitable for the age group, which meet the objectives of Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 requirements;
- Will utilise all aspects of the School from interactive technology in a classroom to outside activities as part of a varied and diverse learning environment;
- Are able to work closely with fellow staff members and can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents;
- Would enjoy the flexibility and variation that supply work offers whilst being able to accept placements on short notice;
- Are able to provide up-to-date references and adhere to New Directions compliance procedures.
Please contact New Directions for further details if you are interested in this position.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th June 2018