- Location: Shropshire - Midlands
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Science
- Job Ref: SZD10
- Salary: £100 - £150 per day
New Directions Educations are recruiting for a fantastic school whom we believe is a very special and rewarding place to work, where staff have a shared vision of delivering the best outcomes for all students in our community.
Our client is a very successful, oversubscribed 11-18 school serving a large rural area of rural Shropshire. The Academy prides itself on high academic achievement for all students, excellent standards of respect and behaviour in addition to outstanding teaching facilities and resources.
Staff benefit from an extensive CPD programme, including access to the New Directions Training program, every member of staff is automatically entered into our bonus scheme once registered.
New Directions Education registers supply jobs for science teachers in all disciplines across our network of UK branches.
If your specialism is teaching biology, physics or chemistry and you are looking for work in a school, we may have jobs that you will be interested in, particularly if you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or looking for supply teaching work.
Science technician jobs are also widely available across our network of UK branches where practical experience around the classroom, including setting up practical lesson, would be essential.
The Role of a Supply Science Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th July 2018