- Location: Shropshire - Midlands
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: on going
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Science
- Job Ref: SZD2
- Salary: £115 - £193 per day
New Directions Education are working closely with a Secondary school on the Telford/Shropshire border, who are currently recruiting for a passionate, determined and enthusiastic Teacher of Science to help engage children with their learning.
The role will suit an enthusiastic Teacher of Science who has a sound knowledge of the National Curriculum, great organisational skills with a flexible and positive attitude to work.
The school caters for children aged 11-19 and would suit someone who is interested in a long-term arrangement, with a possiblity of a permenant post from September. There will be support and continuous professional development available and we are welcoming candidates of ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS to apply!
This role is paid to scale immediately!
New Directions Education registers supply jobs for science teachers in all disciplines across our network of UK branches.
If your specialism is teaching biology, physics or chemistry and you are looking for work in a school, we may have jobs that you will be interested in, particularly if you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or looking for supply teaching work.
Science technician jobs are also widely available across our network of UK branches where practical experience around the classroom, including setting up practical lesson, would be essential.
The Role of a Supply Science Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th April 2018