- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Start Date: November 2018
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: ANET
- Salary: From £10 per hour
New Directions are recruiting an experienced science technician to start full time for a school in Caerphilly. For this role it is important that applicants have experience working as a school science technician. The hours are 8:30-16:00 Monday to Friday. The job will start after October half term and is initally until December, however it is likely that this role will continue into the new year.
The role represents a brilliant opportunity to work in a school described by Estyn as a good school. It has an excellent science department who are passionate and dedicated to providing students with learning opportunities.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Confident at problem-solving
- Professional and approachable
- Ability to manage a demanding workload
- Ability to work in a busy environment
New Directions Education recruits science technicians to assist the biology, physics and chemistry departments within schools across the UK.
The role of a science technician in the school classroom is a vital resource for any science department and you will normally work within a team of technicians helping carry out the following tasks:
- Setting up laboratories with the necessary equipment for lesson ahead;
- Checking and testing scientific equipment;
- Helping the teacher with practical demonstrations;
- Interacting with pupils;
- Keeping a track on chemicals and solutions;
- Organising apparatus used and making sure it is stored correctly;
- Observing strict Health & Safety conditions.
The candidates would ideally have a background in a school environment and have a qualification in either biology, physics or chemistry to a degree (or equivalent) level.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th October 2017