- Location: Cheshire West & Chester - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: August 2019
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Science
- Job Ref: SCI TECH CHESH
- Salary: Competitive
A science technician is the person who prepares the practical equipment and makes up the solutions used in school science labs. The role also includes instructing and assisting teachers with practical skills, including class demonstrations, for advanced techniques across all disciplines.
This role is to start after the October Half term, Could start earlier for the right candidate, and will be running up till the end of the academic year, but there is also a chance this role could go permanent.
This role will be 5 days per week, Monday – Friday.
The right candidate will need:
- Experience in a similar role.
- DBS certificate on the update service
- Available as soon as possible.
- A Science degree would be preferable.
New Directions Education recruits science technicians to assist the biology, physics and chemistry departments within schools across the UK.
The role of a science technician in the school classroom is a vital resource for any science department and you will normally work within a team of technicians helping carry out the following tasks:
- Setting up laboratories with the necessary equipment for lesson ahead;
- Checking and testing scientific equipment;
- Helping the teacher with practical demonstrations;
- Interacting with pupils;
- Keeping a track on chemicals and solutions;
- Organising apparatus used and making sure it is stored correctly;
- Observing strict Health & Safety conditions.
The candidates would ideally have a background in a school environment and have a qualification in either biology, physics or chemistry to a degree (or equivalent) level.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th November 2018