- Location: Sefton - North West
- Start Date: September 2017
- Duration: 1 term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Science
- Job Ref: EJ301
- Salary: negotiable
New Directions are looking to appoint an experienced Science Technician to prepare all equipment for practical lessons, and assist where required. A knowledge of all COSHH regulations and Health & safety procedures is essential along with the commitment to acting as a positive role model for students. You will also be required to manage and order equipment as required.
New Directions Education recruits science technicians to assist the biology, physics and chemistry departments within schools across the UK.
The role of a science technician in the school classroom is a vital resource for any science department and you will normally work within a team of technicians helping carry out the following tasks:
- Setting up laboratories with the necessary equipment for lesson ahead;
- Checking and testing scientific equipment;
- Helping the teacher with practical demonstrations;
- Interacting with pupils;
- Keeping a track on chemicals and solutions;
- Organising apparatus used and making sure it is stored correctly;
- Observing strict Health & Safety conditions.
The candidates would ideally have a background in a school environment and have a qualification in either biology, physics or chemistry to a degree (or equivalent) level.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 0151 515 0820, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th May 2017