- Location: Shropshire - Midlands
- Start Date: Jan 2019
- Duration: Ongoing Supply to Permanent
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: Tech_MDSC
- Salary: £13.50 per hour
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a Science Technician to work within a local secondary school based in central Shropshire.
The school are looking to appoint a suitable person to provide a practical service to school teaching staff through the maintenance, preparation and provision of equipment and materials to enable pupils to undertake science learning activities, projects and examination work. Training will be provided.
We recruit Science Technicians to assist the biology, physics and chemistry departments within schools across Shropshire.
Experience within the classroom as a science technician is essential.
New Directions Education recruits science technicians to assist the biology, physics and chemistry departments within schools across the UK.
The role of a science technician in the school classroom is a vital resource for any science department and you will normally work within a team of technicians helping carry out the following tasks:
- Setting up laboratories with the necessary equipment for lesson ahead;
- Checking and testing scientific equipment;
- Helping the teacher with practical demonstrations;
- Interacting with pupils;
- Keeping a track on chemicals and solutions;
- Organising apparatus used and making sure it is stored correctly;
- Observing strict Health & Safety conditions.
The candidates would ideally have a background in a school environment and have a qualification in either biology, physics or chemistry to a degree (or equivalent) level.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th December 2018