- Location: Liverpool - North West
- Start Date: September
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Biology
- Job Ref: MGE BIO MER
- Salary: Competitive
- Are you a dynamic, tenacious and inspiring teacher of general science and Biology?
- Are you looking for a new opportunity?
- Are you willing to share your experience, passion and skills with the next generation of learners; inspiring and helping them to realise their own ambitions?
We are currently recruiting for a teacher of Biology in Merseyside who has a clear and ambitious vision that puts their learners at the heart of all that they do and pride themselves on their personalised approach to learning and professional development.
You can either be at the start of your professional journey (NQT’s) or, more experienced teacher, who can bring energy and creative thinking to this position.
What do I need?
- have experience of delivering science and Biology up to A’ Level
- have a relevant degree and have a classification of 2:2 or better (although this can be negotiated)
- either be an NQT or already hold QTS
- be an ‘outstanding’ and highly committed teacher who is passionate about their subject and the schools’ learners
- be passionate about making a difference; deliver after school intervention and enrichment programmes and contribute to wider school activities.
What do I get in return?
- Long / short term roles starting immediately or as soon as you’re next available.
- An opportunity to develop your practise but also earn a permanent contract
- Highly competitive salary
- CPD; both online and in branch
Supply Biology teaching jobs across the UK
Recent statistics from the Teaching Agency show that newly qualifying teachers (NQTs) are leaving University with Biology being the most popular of the Science degrees, coming in at 49%. This trend is further proof of Biology’s popularity and importance amongst the science subjects.
Biology is a wide reaching subject and covers many aspects from Microbiology and Botany through to Food Science and Zoology. By its very nature, the subject determines teaching in various settings from Laboratory work as well as in the field, using many different types of equipment and materials, and we’re only now just beginning to scratch the surface of this fascinating subject.
Where do you come in?
New Directions Education are constantly on the lookout for the very best teaching talent so we can supply schools with highest quality teachers, helping in turn to raise the standards of supply teaching quality throughout the UK.
We are looking to register qualified, experienced and newly qualified Biology teachers for a wide range of long and short-term teaching assignments for schools in your local area.
What can you expect from New Directions?
- A dedicated Account Manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0820, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th October 2018