- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: 03/09/2018
- Duration: Long term
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Permanent
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Design Technology, Drama, Food Technology, French, Geography, German, Health & Social Care, History, Humanities, Information & Communications Technology, Law, Mathematics, Media Studies, Modern Foreign Languages, Music, Physical Education, Physics, Psychology, Religious Education, Science, Spanish
- Job Ref: TG
- Salary: £90 -£105 day to day
New Directions Education are seeking to appoint a General cover Teacher for an immediate start. The post is based in a newly built secondary school in the Rhondda Cynon Taf.. The School is a highlighted landmark of the area, with superb opportunity to progress into a long-term role. This is a full-time role working within the school, covering on a long-term basis across each department, so all specialisms welcome for local work across the borough. It is initially due to start in September, ready for the new academic year; there is a strong possibility of a role extension.
The school has a solid academic record and this role would be an excellent opportunity for both Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) as well as more experienced teachers.
The school itself is well established within the area and has great involvement in its community surroundings.
The successful candidate will
- Be passionate and knowledgeable, with the ability to inspire and motivate students to succeed
- Have the ability to teach up to GCSE level
- Adhere to New Directions Compliance procedures
Be in possession of a clear DBS with the update service (desirable but not essential) or happy to undertake a new one
New Directions will offer online training, a dedicated Account Manager and the opportunity to receive an annual Loyalty Bonus.
New Directions have a fantastic internal training team and offer regular professional development
The ability to uphold excellent classroom behaviour and deliver varied teaching styles is essential. A professional attitude is important, where you will be required to abide to the school policies and dress code. You will need to be registered with the Education Workforce Council and happy to adhere to New Directions compliance policy.
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 – 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
In 2014 an estimated 454.9 thousand teachers were said to be working in state funded schools, an increase of 1.2% from 2013.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd July 2018