- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Academic Term
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Physical Education
- Job Ref: TG
- Salary: £110 per day
New Directions Education are seeking to appoint a Male, Physical Education (PE) Teacher for an immediate start. The post is based working across several secondary schools, in the Rhondda Cynon Taff. There is a superb opportunity to progress into a long-term role, ready for the new academic year. This is a full-time role working within the schools, Physical Education department. It is an immediate start for the academic term.
The schools have a solid academic record and this role would be an excellent opportunity for both Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) as well as more experienced teachers.
The successful candidate will
- Be passionate and knowledgeable, with the ability to inspire and motivate students to succeed;
- Have the ability to teach up to GCSE level;
- Adhere to New Directions Compliance procedures;
- Be in possession of a clear DBS with the update service (desirable but not essential) or happy to undertake a new one.
New Directions will offer online training, a dedicated Account Manager.
New Directions have a fantastic internal training team and offer regular professional development.
The ability to uphold excellent classroom behaviour and deliver varied teaching styles is essential. A professional attitude is important, where you will be required to abide to the school policies and dress code. You will need to be registered with the Education Workforce Council and happy to adhere to New Directions compliance procedures.
PE Teachers are in high demand for supply jobs
New Directions have regular supply teaching jobs for physical education (PE) teachers in all areas. These positions are available for qualified teachers who can teach key stage 3 (KS3), key stage 4 (KS4) and possibly key stage 5 (KS5).
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) looking for teaching work in PE are also advised to contact us to register.
The role of the PE teacher in schools is a vital part of the curriculum. In 2012, with the success of the London Olympics, a legacy for future generations has been created. This activity in schools is also in line with the government's target of getting our children fitter and more active.
The role of a Supply PE teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th March 2019