- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: April 2019
- Duration: 9 Month Maternity Cover
- Job Type: Maternity
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SMC1
- Salary: £9-£10per hour
We are seeking an experienced School SIMS Administrator for a maternity cover in a Secondary School in the Merthyr Tydfil area. This is a full-time position covering maternity, which is due to start in April 2019 and continue into the new acedmic year in September 2019.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recording attendance and lateness using SIMS
- Accessing and updating student records on SIMS
- Running and creating reports on SIMS
- General reception duties (answering the phone, passing on messages, greeting visitors, issuing name badges, assisting senior staff with general admin duties)
It is essential that interested candidates have experience of using SIMS.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th January 2019