- Location: Ceredigion - Mid Wales
- Start Date: April 2018
- Duration: Ongoing Supply
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Science
- Job Ref: Scie
- Salary: £100 Per Day
We are currently recruiting for a Science Teacher in Cardigan. The secondary school is situated in Cardigan and are looking for a teacher with excellent behaviour and classroom management who is keen and rightly educated. They will also be looking for an appropriate candidate who will be able to positively display their subject knowledge, and also their confidence and dedication to pupil development.
The teacher will have:
- A genuine passion for Science;
- A desire to further improve the overall achievement and success of Science within the school;
- An optimistic outlook and the skill to encourage students;
- The ability to teach up to GCSE and A-Level.
This is a wonderful opportunity for both experienced teachers and NQT’s to join a school that is highly rated and has an outstanding reputation.
All applicants must have the following:
- Education Workforce Council Membership;
- Exceptional Classroom Management;
- Ability to contribute to the forward-thinking ethos of the school;
- Ability to work on your own initiative or as a part of a team.
The school is looking for a teacher who can be a valuable asset to their experienced team. New Directions has enjoyed a longstanding relationship with the education sector. We offer competitive rates of pay and will provide you with a personal account manager to assist your needs. We will also offer the chance of extra in house training to help you develop your own career.
New Directions Education registers supply jobs for science teachers in all disciplines across our network of UK branches.
If your specialism is teaching biology, physics or chemistry and you are looking for work in a school, we may have jobs that you will be interested in, particularly if you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or looking for supply teaching work.
Science technician jobs are also widely available across our network of UK branches where practical experience around the classroom, including setting up practical lesson, would be essential.
The Role of a Supply Science Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Educationfor more information on this job vacancy,on 01970 629 118 , or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 12th January 2018