- Location: Herefordshire - South West
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Maternity, Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher, Teaching Assistant
- Salary: £100 - £150 per day
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Secondary teacher to work as a supply teacher for a range of subjects in Hereford. This role will require experience in one or all of the following subjects, English, Math, Science or History. This is a full-time position where you will be working from the hours 8:30 -3:30. If this position is not for you but you are interested in looking for a new opportunity please call New Directions today!
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 – 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
In 2014 an estimated 454.9 thousand teachers were said to be working in state funded schools, an increase of 1.2% from 2013.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3510, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th October 2018