- Location: Herefordshire - South West
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Biology, Chemistry, French, Geography, German, History, Mathematics, Physics, Religious Education, Science, Spanish
- Job Ref: SW1245
- Salary: £100- £155 a day
New Directions have some exciting new opportunities for Secondary Teachers in Hereford. We are currently supporting schools with day to day supply and long-term supply. Subjects include; Math’s, Science, History, English, Geography, Physical Education and languages.
As a supply teacher you will be required to go in to schools and teach classes using lesson plans and materials left by the teacher or when none provided bring your own plans to teach the class.
We can support you with any of the above subjects and as an agency we can give you excellent benefits including the below:
– £50 loyalty bonus once you have worked 50 days.
– Competitive Salary
– £100 referral scheme- when you refer a teacher to work with us
– Temp of the month- bonus payment or a gift/ voucher.
– Training and development opportunities
– Safeguarding training
– We don’t use umbrella companies to pay our employees!
Please get in touch with us today!
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 – 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
In 2014 an estimated 454.9 thousand teachers were said to be working in state funded schools, an increase of 1.2% from 2013.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3510, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st May 2018