- Location: Conwy - North Wales
- Start Date: Summer Term
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Job Ref: SHks345
- Salary: £90-£130
New Directions are looking to recruit a talented, dedicated and flexible teacher to work within a number of Secondary schools in the Conwy and Gwynedd areas.
We have vacancies for all subject specialists and welcome both Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and experienced teachers, but the right candidate will be expected to hold Qualified Teacher Status status.
The schools in mind are dedicated at keeping a high standard of education which means the successful candidate will be passionate and driven to maintain the great reputation that these schools hold.
The ideal candidate will:
Be a Newly Qualified Teacher or an experienced Teaching professional;
Hold a DBS that is on the Update Service or be willing to complete one through New Directions;
Enthusiastic and dedicated to providing a high quality of education across all secondary key stages;
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 – 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
In 2014 an estimated 454.9 thousand teachers were said to be working in state funded schools, an increase of 1.2% from 2013.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01248 884225, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th March 2019