- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Temp
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, School Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: MD_WXM
- Salary: £50.00 - £55.00 per day
New Directions Education are recruiting for a Secondary Teaching Assistant to work with pupils on a one to one and group basis within a local Wrexham Secondary school.
The successful applicant will be working on a one to one basis or with small groups of pupils with additional learning needs. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be resilient, confident and able to build good relationships. Pupils may have emotional and/or behavioural issues that will require you to manage situations and keep records if required. Other pupils may have additional learning needs which are literacy and numeracy based that shall also require guidance and support
The ideal candidate;
• Have experience as a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) or Teaching Assistant (TA)
• Have experience working with children or young adults with additional learning needs
• Be adaptable and able to act quickly in changes of environment
• Have previous experience within a PRU (Pupil Referral Unit)
• Be able to support children in both groups and on a 1-1 basis
The job of a teaching or classroom assistant is a now vital resource for the teacher where the position in heavily relied upon in the classroom. Further evidencing the importance of this role within schools is the rapid growth in numbers employed across the UK. Numbers employed have risen from 61,000 a decade ago 213,900 in 2011.
Teaching Assistant Qualifications
New Directions Education are specialists in recruiting Teaching Assistant (TA) jobs who are qualified to the below:
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant;
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant;
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA);
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education;
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We will also consider experienced learning support assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
Duties of a Teaching Assistant
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher, ALNCO and Class Teachers;
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress;
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities;
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records;
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th January 2019