- Location: Herefordshire - South West
- Start Date: April / May 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Job Ref: SBSW9
- Salary: Daily rate negotiable
Our team are driving a recruitment campaign to help recruit for secondary teaching jobs in Herefordshire. With a wide range of subjects available to teach including Mathematics, Modern Foreign Languages, Physical Education, Technology and Sciences – opportunities to work on a short or long-term supply basis are available for the right candidates.
Our award winning team are currently attending a series of recruitment events across Herefordshire in order to develop a strong candidate database to fulfill the supply teaching jobs in Herefordshire campaign.
If you would like to hear more about our team and how working with us can enhance your career, please get in touch.
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 – 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
In 2014 an estimated 454.9 thousand teachers were said to be working in state funded schools, an increase of 1.2% from 2013.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3510, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th March 2018