- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Start Date: May 2018
- Duration: ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: op0402
- Salary: Competitive rates of pay offered
New Directions have been working closely with Secondary schools throughout Neath Port Talbot over the last academic year and as a result are again recruiting for secondary teachers to work on a short and medium term basis throughout the Summer Term and for long-term September positions in their specified subject.
- Be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Have an up to date DBS check on the Update Service or are willing to complete a DBS through New Directions;
- Be enthusiastic, dynamic and have a desire to gain experience in different environments;
- Adhere to New Directions compliance procedures.
Neath Port Talbot has a variety of Secondary schools with pupil numbers between 900 and 1600. Working throughout the schools you will be exposed to many different experiences, atmospheres, and range of teaching facilities. We seek applicants who are adaptable and happy to work in a variety of locations.
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 – 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
In 2014 an estimated 454.9 thousand teachers were said to be working in state funded schools, an increase of 1.2% from 2013.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 27th April 2018