- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Salary: From £100 per day
We are working with a Newport based School who are a seeking a Teacher to provide general cover on a full time basis. The School would like to hear from Teachers with Secondary experience, at any stage in their career. The role will require you to plan and prepare lessons and become an integral part of School life. The School will also provide you with a long term timetable for lesson planning. The lessons you plan will not be run of the mill, you will need to get to know your Pupils and find the best ways of inspiring them to learn and keep them engaged.
The School work with Pupils on a day admission basis. The Pupils are working with the School because they have traumatic backgrounds and find learning in a mainstream environment challenging. The Classroom sizes are smaller and there is a wealth of Learning Support Assistant support within the class. There are elements of managing behaviour to this position but no day will ever be the same.
The Head Teacher is seeking expressions of interest for those who can begin as soon as possible and commit until potentially the end of the School Year 2019.
New Directions are proud to be able to support you with training for this position and can offer you free courses in Managing Behaviour and the Team Teach intervention programme.
If you would like more information on this post or any other Teaching vacancies, please give us a call.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th February 2019