- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: CE1309
- Salary: £80 - £100 per day
New Directions are currently helping over 80% of schools in the Caerphilly borough with their short and long term supply requirements. New Directions is proudly the preferred supplier for the council which means we can provide regular, local work for our Teachers.
We are currently seeking flexible and dedicated Key Stage Two Teachers who have a sound knowledge of the national curriculum. In order to be a successful supply Teacher it is important you are adaptable and enthusiastic. It is important that you are able to build working relationships quickly with children and staff alike.
New Directions can offer both day to day supply or long term supply positions, and an opportunity to network with your local schools and find the right Teaching environment that suits you.
Duties will include;
-Delivering planned lessons efficiently
-Being prepared with additional resources if necessary
-Teaching a variety of subjects across the national curriculum
-Good classroom management
-The ability to communicate with parents and staff effectively
-Differentiating and monitoring progress of pupils in your care
-Mark in line with school policy and leave classroom tidy
We offer competitive rates of pay and the flexibility to be in charge of your own work. A dedicated Account Manager will support you throughout the registration process and manage your bookings. We currently work with Teachers at all stages in their career and are excited to talk with future Teachers who are interested in registering.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th September 2017