- Location: St Helens - North West
- Start Date: September
- Duration: ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: MGE SEN TA
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to join a school in St Helens. The role entails working on a 1:1 basis and small groups. The role is to start immediately and continue into the next academic year.
The school wishes to appoint someone who is caring, sensitive and patient, with an abundance of experience working on a 1:1 basis with child with Special Education Needs. You will be working closely with the class teacher and SENDco as well as liaise with the parents and other professionals.
The successful candidate will be able to:
– Maintain firm boundaries in a calm manner
– Work to develop positive relationships with the child, colleagues, parents/carers and external agencies
– Break learning into manageable tasks
– Give positive and constructive feedback to the child
If you feel you would be an asset to this role you are encouraged to apply.
The job of a teaching or classroom assistant is a now vital resource for the teacher where the position in heavily relied upon in the classroom. Further evidencing the importance of this role within schools is the rapid growth in numbers employed across the UK. Numbers employed have risen from 61,000 a decade ago 213,900 in 2011.
Teaching Assistant Qualifications
New Directions Education are specialists in recruiting Teaching Assistant (TA) jobs who are qualified to the below:
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant;
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant;
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA);
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education;
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We will also consider experienced learning support assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
Duties of a Teaching Assistant
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher, ALNCO and Class Teachers;
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress;
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities;
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records;
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0820, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd October 2018