- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Short term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: RG1
- Salary: £9.00-£11.00 per hour
New Directions are offering an exciting new position as a SIMS administrator in Porthcawl, Bridgend. Candidates looking to apply must have previous experience working in a school office environment and must have experience using SIMS (School Information Management Software)
The position is short term and temporary depending on availability, from Monday – Friday 8:30am – 3:30pm.
Those that are successful will be carrying out duties such as (and not limited to):
- Keeping clerical and computerised records of pupils and staff
- Producing statistical returns and reports
- Dealing with school meals administration
- Handling monies
- Paying invoices and banking cash
- General Administrative duties such as answering the phones, dealing with post and e-mails, greeting visitors at reception, issuing name badges, typing letters and reports, printing, photocopying, ordering equipment and stationary and being responsible for the first aid/sick room
The ideal candidate will be well-organised and able to work to tight deadlines. They will also be well time-managed, adaptable and conscientious. If successful with their application, candidates will be offered a Child Safeguarding course to complete free of charge.
Please note:- All candidates must hold an in-date ‘Child Only’ DBS registered on the Update Service. If you do not hold this kind of DBS you must be prepared to apply for one at the cost of £45.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Educationfor more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th April 2018