- Location: Vale of Glamorgan - South Wales
- Start Date: 3rd September 2018
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW4
- Salary: £10 per hour
We are looking to appoint a knowledgeable and diligent School Administrator, to work in a long-term, temporary position in a primary school in the Vale of Glamorgan. This is a full-time position, due to start in September 2018, 8am – 4pm.
The client is seeking applicants who are proficient using the School Information Management System (SIMS) and have some knowledge of the finance package FMS. As this is a small primary school all applicants must have previous experience in the role and be confident in running the busy office as no training will be provided.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting parents and visitors at reception and issuing name badges
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing calls and emails
- Logging attendance on SIMS
- Updating student information on SIMS
- Creating and running SIMS reports
- Collating school dinner & school trip money
- Assisting teaching staff with admin duties
Please note, all candidates must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS which will cost £45.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th July 2018