- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Start Date: Summer 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW6
- Salary: £60 - £70 per day
New Directions are recruiting an experienced School Administrator, to work on a temporary supply basis in various primary schools in Bridgend.
The successful candidate must be motivated and adaptable, as the nature of supply work will involve working in different schools in the area covering long and short-term staff absences. Applicants must also be confident using the School Information Management System (SIMS) and ideally with have some knowledge of the finance package FMS.
The usual working hours will be Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 3:30pm, term time only.
As a School Administrator, candidates will be responsible for daily use of SIMS to record attendance, create reports, manage student records and collate dinner money. Further duties will include:
- Greeting visitors and issuing name badges
- Liaising with staff, parents and pupils
- Logging attendance and lateness
- Collating dinner money
- Paying invoices and banking cash
- Ordering equipment and stationary
- Answering the phone and passing on messages
- Providing administrative support to senior staff
Please note, all candidates must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st June 2018