- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Start Date: November 2018
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW01
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
New Directions are seeking a hardworking and experienced School Administrator / Secretary, for a long-term temporary position in a Primary School in Neath. The position is due to start in December 2018 and the hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 – 16:00.
It is essential applicants have previous experience using the School Information Management System (SIMS) and are confident working independently running the busy school office. Some knowledge of the Finance Management System (FMS) is also beneficial. As the first point of contact for parents and visitors, all applicants should be friendly and adaptable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Greeting visitors and issuing name badges
- Collating school dinner money
- Recording attendance and lateness on SIMS
- Creating and running reports on SIMS
- Updating student records on SIMS
- Invoicing and banking cash
- Ordering equipment and stationary for the school
- Assisting senior and teaching staff with general admin duties, answering the phone, passing on messages, responding to emails etc.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced SIMS Administrator to join the team at a local primary school and be responsible for the running of the school office.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate, registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th November 2018