- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW2
- Salary: £9 - £10 per hour
New Directions are seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic School Administrator, to work on a temporary supply basis in schools in Porthcawl. Due the nature of supply work, all applicants must be flexible, reliable and willing to work in different schools on occasion.
The usual working hours are Monday-Friday, 8am – 4pm term-time only, although this may vary depending on the specific school.
It is essential that all applicants have previous experience working in a school office and can demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS). A knowledge of the Finance Package FMS would also be beneficial.
Duties will include:
- Being the first point of contact for parents and visitors and issuing name badges
- Assisting teaching staff with general admin duties
- Ordering equipment and stationary
- Logging attendance and lateness on SIMS
- Collating dinner money on SIMS
- Updating student records on SIMS
- Creating and running reports on SIMS
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team at various local schools and assist with the overall running of the school office.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th August 2018