- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW2
- Salary: £9 - £10 per hour
New Directions are seeking a flexible School Administrator, to work on a supply basis in various Primary Schools in Swansea.
Due to the nature of supply work all applicants must be flexible and reliable and available to cover long and short-term staff absences such as sickness. The usual working hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm.
It is essential that all applicants are proficient using the School Information Management System (SIMS), as the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the busy school office and no training will be provided.
Further duties will include:
- Recording attendance
- Collating dinner money
- Updating student and staff records
- Creating and running SIMS reports
- Managing school finances
- Liaising with staff, parents and pupils
- Answering the phone, passing on messages and responding to email queries
- Assisting seniors and teaching staff with general admin duties
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate, registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st June 2018