Site Maintenance / Caretaker
- Location: Cheshire West & Chester
- Duration: On going -
- Salary: £12 per hour
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: School Support Staff (Ancillary)
New Directions are recruiting for a hardworking and flexible school caretake to work within a primary school in central Chester.
We are looking for a hardworking reliable individual who is able to to manage their own workload. This position is to work 25 hours per week and the shift pattern will be just for the mornings.
- maintain school building (electrics, plumbing, glazing & Joinery)
- liase with external provides who are coming onto school site for major works and repairs.
- Site security – opening the building at the start of the day
- Supervise and manage cleaning staff on site
- maintain and monitor Health & Safety
- Ordering and maintaining of supplies and stock needed
- carry out additional duties request by the Headteacher
Applicants should have previous caretaker experience or a background working in building/maintenance/repairs with transferable skills, and an excellent awareness of health and safety.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
Caretakers are responsible for looking after a school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school Caretaker include:
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security.
It’s mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry