- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: October 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: LCS61
- Salary: £10 per hour
We are looking to appoint a site manager to work on a temp to perm basis in school in Wallasey. The successful induvial will have previous experience of Site management or Caretaker who is ready to take the next step in to management of a small team.
You will need to enthusiastic, initiative, have good time management and people skills.
Main Duties will include;
- General DIY and the ability to carry out minor repairs
- Acting as key holder, ensuring all school security checks are completed
- Maintaining maintenance records to a high standard
- Liaise with external contractors and manage / supervise all works completed
- Managing a small team of school cleaners whilst yourself undertaking cleaning duties.
All applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th September 2018