- Location: Cheshire West & Chester - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: SENMM
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions are currently recruiting for Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistants to work in various SEN schools across the Chester. Positions available include both day to day supply bookings along with longer term roles. A number of our bookings involve working on both a 1:1 basis and also in small groups.
We are looking for candidates who are caring, sensitive and patient, with an abundance of experience working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN). Candidates will be working closely with class teachers, SENDco’s and often liasing with parents and other professionals.
The successful candidates will be able to:
– Maintain firm boundaries in a calm manner
– Work to develop positive relationships with the child, colleagues, parents/carers and external agencies
– Break learning into manageable tasks
– Give positive and constructive feedback to the child
If you feel you would be an asset to these roles you are encouraged to apply.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th March 2019