- Location: Cheshire West & Chester - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: On going supply
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: ALNCJM
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to join a school in Chester for day to day supply. The role entails working on both a 1:1 basis and small groups. The role is to start immediately and continue throughout the academic year.
The school wishes to appoint someone who is caring, sensitive and patient, with an abundance of experience working on a 1:1 basis with child with Special Education Needs (SEN) You will be working closely with the class teacher and SENDco as well as liaise with the parents and other professionals.
The successful candidate will be able to:
– Maintain firm boundaries in a calm manner
– Work to develop positive relationships with the child, colleagues, parents/carers and external agencies
– Break learning into manageable tasks
– Give positive and constructive feedback to the child
If you feel you would be an asset to this role you are encouraged to apply.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th January 2019