- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: 06/05/19
- Duration: Exam Months are May and Junes
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SMC
- Salary: £9.40
New Directions are currently recruiting part time exam invigilators to help support the secondary schools in the Merthyr Tydfil Area. Exams are seasonal and we expect to be busy supporting schools in January, May and June.
Exam Invigilating is a great way to be introduced to the Education Sector, it can be done on a part time basis or can be used to gain experience and potentially move into other roles within a school setting
As an invigilator you would be;
• Reporting to the Exams Manager
• A team player
• Ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside the examination
• Supporting specific students by scribing for them during the exam (if new to this training can be provided)
• Assisting with setting up examination hall
• Assisting students prior to the start of the exam by directing them to their seats.
We also work with Home-schooled Children. These pupils learn the curriculum from home with tutors organised by the council. We will then help support these pupils by delivering exam conditions to their home. A driving license is needed for this particular aspect of invigilating.
The work is flexible, seasonal and pays £9 per hour.
To be placed as invigilator you will need to hold a full enhanced child only DBS (which we can arrange), complete our level 1 safeguarding course.
If interested please make contact with the school support services team on 02920 390 133 option 5.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th March 2019