- Location: Flintshire - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: On going supply
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Early Years Foundation Stage
- Job Ref: SM
- Salary: £90 - £120 per day
New Directions Education are recruiting for a Foundation Phase Teacher, to work on a supply basis in various primary schools across the Flintshire borough.
We are looking to register dedicated and reliable teachers, who are eager to professionally develop and are searching for a stable role. We welcome both experienced and newly qualified teachers to register. You will have a dedicated Account Manager who will be responsible for updating you on all current vacancies, both long-term and day-to-day.
Successful applicants will be flexible, adaptable and demonstrate a passion for education, which encourages their pupils to foster a love of learning. They will also understand the necessity for equal opportunities within the classroom setting, creating a secure learning environment for all pupils.
New Directions Education are passionate about all candidates and ensuring we provide them with a service that is second to none. We are able to offer candidates a range of opportunities and benefits which include a Guaranteed Payment Scheme, on-going training and annual loyalty bonus. If you are an NQT or just looking to explore your employment opportunities please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 28th August 2018