- Location: Liverpool - North West
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: long term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Job Ref: Teacher
- Salary: Negotiable
A secondary school in Liverpool require teacher at various times in the academic year and for varying levels of time. The languages and key stage is KS4. Due to the nature of the work, it is important you can engage students, have a sense of humor as well as a strong classroom presence, with excellent classroom and strong behavior management skills. Due to the short notice some schools provide, you must be adaptable and flexible to their needs and requirements.
- free training relevant to the role and portable across all areas
- refer a colleague or friend bonus of £20 (uncapped)
- paid via PAYE and not an umbrella company (pay proportion of your salary)
- DBS at a cost of £44 (no administration fees)
- regular employment opportunities.
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 – 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
In 2014 an estimated 454.9 thousand teachers were said to be working in state funded schools, an increase of 1.2% from 2013.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0820, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th November 2018