- Location: Vale of Glamorgan - South Wales
- Start Date: October
- Duration: 1 term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Early Years Foundation Stage
- Job Ref: 123
- Salary: £90+ per day
We are currently recruiting a part time Foundation Phase (FP) Teacher for a school in the Vale of Glamorgan area. The school are looking for a Teacher Monday to Wednesday for at least one term. This role would suit an experienced Foundation Phase Teacher or a confident Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) who has an excellent understanding of the Foundation Phase and the seven areas of learning.
The school has approximately 160 pupils on role between the ages of 4 and 11 years old. It is set in beautiful grounds with a field, trees and a meadow area. The playgrounds have been painted with many interesting and stimulating games for pupils to play during their break time.
The school has high expectations of its pupils, a recent inspection highlighted that the pupils in Reception have skills and maturity which are generally above average compared to the majority of children this age. The inspection also praised the school on its enthralling and expressive ways in which stories are told and the imaginative use of the interactive whiteboard to make lessons come alive.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st September 2018